• ThomasPowers

• Daswulf

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rebuilt the "D" part of my JABOD. 

IMG_3515.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

This is pretty much straight sand (from my neighbor's construction project -- he ordered 2.5 tons more than he needed). I suspect that this will need to be redone with a bit of clay mixed in, but I wanted to see how it behaved like this.

Nice bookmark Randell, well done. Leaf finials are popular but dog and cat foot prints are even MORE popular. Hoof print finials go well with certain crowds, horse prints as distinguished from the also very popular horse shoe finials at feed and tack stores, deer during hunting season or at the sporting goods store, etc.

Having one tucked into the appropriate book is just good marketing. 

Ayup, you got the brass brush temp and stroke trick. Now try burnishing, steel wooling and sanding to produce highlights. ;)

IT WAS ALIENS!!!

Pulsars John, it was pulsars. <sheesh> 

Frosty The Lucky.

Spent a few hours visiting @Lou L in his forge -- made a hot-cut out of armored car leaf spring (me directing, him striking) and shared some techniques: I showed him how I make leaves, and he showed me what he learned at the last NEB meeting about penny scrolls. A fun time was had by all.

Had a great time and learned a lot.  Thanks for the huge head start on the hot cut!

Randell, I found this among others with a quick google search. 

Thanks for googling it, I shouldn't post before bed I guess.  Never thought about horses leaving anything but a horseshoe shaped print...

It will be fun to try to figure out how to work that into a bookmark!

Today I made a pretty, comfy, and completely useless BBQ fork. It fits in the hand nicely, its pokey, its forky.... its also soft enough you can bend it with your hand while holding it. Guess I grabbed the wrong 1/4 stock. Anyway, Pictures! (Also worked on more tongs, but no pictures of those because I am not finished.)

fork.jpg.eb934520f0df17f00ece73fa42ad62e8.jpg

Thanks for googling it, I shouldn't post before bed I guess.  Never thought about horses leaving anything but a horseshoe shaped print...

It will be fun to try to figure out how to work that into a bookmark!

One suggestion, off the top of my head, would be to stamp it in. File/cut a stamp in a way that resembles a hood print then forge out a good long flat on you workpiece and hot stamp it. You could play with texturing before you stamp it to see what other kinds of fun you could have with it.