I Forge Iron

What did you do in the shop today?

Sindoc, pnut, I feel ya guys. It’s hot around here. Yesterday, while looking up the weather, I accidentally put in the name of some city in India. Today it’s supposed to be 109 there, with very heavy pollution. Maybe my 85 isn’t so bad after all…

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Ted Ewert said:

Hi Pat, I used a piece of 3/8 × 3/4" flat bar for the mount. I bent 1" on both ends 90 degrees and drilled 2 holes for the 1/4" rod to fit in to.

Ah - simple but really cool. Did you put any kind of wax or BLO as a finish? Maybe it’s just the lighting in the picture but it seems to have more of a satin type finish than the black I get from a paste wax. 

I put a coat of clear satin paint on it. I use that finish on a lot of the stuff I make. I like to see the steel. 

On the next piece I'm going to try not bending the mount and instead come out of the ends with a sharp bend into the twist. I think it will look similar enough to live on an opposite wall. 

Edited by Mod30
Excessive quoting

Didn't happen to be Sind in India did it?  I remember that one because of a succint "coded" message sent by a British Officer during the Mutiny "Peccavi"---Latin for "I have sinned."

(You know I have never seen a picture of that Officer and John stnding side by side; I wonder...)

Currently 71. Yard is spongy from the near constant rain over the past week. If I didn’t know better, I would think I was in Seattle. 

I’m starting to think this Climate Change may work out well for Oklahoma. Not so much for the Pacific Northwest, but Ok for me. 

Yes sir you are correct didnt want to ramble on as it is more woodworking haha but yes found the little fungi few minutes later that made it happen. Might make a ballpeen handle out of it yeah it could split but think I going to try. Also new handke for my tomahawk.