• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work CGL! 

Billy, nice. 

Wow Jennifer, I have to say I'm behind on watching your great videos but plan to catch up once my second child is born and I have a lil time. Its been hectic busy lol. 

Anyway between working on the spiderweb shutter that hates me, got a couple samples done for a horse head heart coat hanger made. First has a horse leg as the hanger. But of the ideas she prefers the timber nail hanger. Easier and cheaper for me to make. It all sells so I'm not worried. If it doesnt I'll keep it. :)

20200304_224617.thumb.jpg.7ae92a3dba31f0693b60914ae196087a.jpg

20200304_224558.thumb.jpg.057d5009387f66c9167c0a92b5269c44.jpg

20200304_224532.thumb.jpg.b1207aedee690793898dba08e780b904.jpg

Das, those are really cute..  I betcha those will sell quickly..   No shows early on in the season this year?  IIRC you had a show in April or I should say late spring? 

As for the videos, I've been feeling pretty good, so have had the energy to get out and forge.  I've also been making and filming 2 or 3 different items at one session. 

Shoshinjoe. Looking good. I love the profile on the bottom knife.  I like the blade profile on the top knife too, but the wider area in the choil is messing with me. Makes me want to push it over some.. :) Looks about 1/2" or more.. 

I like those knives too. Is the sharp corner on the bottom one where it transitions from the handle to the blade going to be a problem during quench or later use? Looks like a stress riser to me but I can't see it very well on my phone. 

Pnut

8 hours ago, CrazyGoatLady said:

When is your baby due?

Due the 16th but may be very soon I think. 

Go for it on the hook idea. 

JLP,  haven't heard from the one biannual show I do yet.  There are other shows but I may have to stick tighter to the old 8-5 job for a little bit. :)

Everyone is doing great work, I'm enjoying seeing all of it and getting new ideas.

Das, congratulations on soon to be arrival, I will place your family on my prayer list, keep all of us posted.

Billy and all of our other veterans, thank you for your service and please have your annual physicals. I lost my dad in 2017 to cancer, that was caused by exposure to chemicals while he was in Korea and 2 trips to Viet Nam. When the cancer was detected it was too late

7 hours ago, jlpservicesinc said:

. Looking good. I love the profile on the bottom knife.  I like the blade profile on the top knife too, but the wider area in the choil is messing with me. Makes me want to push it over some.. :) Looks about 1/2" or more.. 

100% agree with you and that will be my goal this morning

7 hours ago, pnut said:

I like those knives too. Is the sharp corner on the bottom one where it transitions from the handle to the blade going to be a problem during quench or later use? Looks like a stress riser to me but I can't see it very well on my phone. 

Pnut

Yep it is possible I will have to get in there and round it out

they are great steel.  they will create a neat pattern in Damascus knives..  If you can forge weld than anything is possible.  San Mai or the like is neat. You could soft core it with mild steel or wrought faced on both sides with theses and maybe 1095 cutting edge or 5160. 

Be neat.. I have a couple of these hanging around right now but some projects.  Maybe times though I destroy them getting to the ball bearings. 

Das, those are really nice. Congrats on the addition to your family. Kids are truly a blessing. My kids are growed up and have kids of their own. Enjoy every minute you can with them, these are years you will never get back. 

671, those races make some nice wind chimes, especially if you can get different sized ones. I have made a couple bells from the outer housings of CV joints. 

Les, no worries on the yearly. Becuase of my blood pressure i have to go every 6 months. Also thanks for the gratitude it was my honour and pleasure to serve. 

Alexandr, as always beautiful work. (i still think you have some elves held captive though. :lol:)

GlolFisHunt, looks good to me. I am stealing the design also. 

JHCC, that is pretty cool. You would think with all the CV joints i have laying around i would use more than just the shaft and do something like that for my daughters.