• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Daswulf

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're making me really miss my moms ham bean "soup" with dumplings. We called it ham popeye lol. Wasn't a pie just a thicker "stew" in a way. I think the ham bone in it was the secret. Haven't had it for years now. Maybe I need to beg for it lol. Atleast get the recipe. 

Sorry Its Not ham and beans But

I got a temporary mount tabbed for my leg vise.   I am not sure where the permeant location will be so the saddle bolts to the plate and the plate bolts to brackets on the fab table.

The wedge needs to be moved to the other side of the spring with it there I don't have as much push, so the vise doesn't open on its own more than 5 inches. But that is an easy fix.

IMG_5755.jpg

Just about finished a new set of tongs today. Warm up was this leaf coat hanger and also fenced in my striking anvil so I can use the hardy.  Had a spike through it holding it to the stump. This is much better. And I can flip it over to the sacrificial side when splitting.   

581F3F31-8FCA-4869-A389-9FBB7DC23446.jpeg

3208FE4C-3B98-4F69-9C44-DED6D3777B54.jpeg

Good job on the projects.

Old Crew, I'm not sure your table is stout enough to hold up to the vice:lol:

Yesterday my wife asked me to make a gumbo with the left over turkey from thanksgiving. She always buys the biggest one she can find to make sure we have leftovers for gumbo.

Railroad spike tongs mostly done yesterday, but mucked up the rivet. Finished them up today.

Also started a spring Fuller. Needed to stop playing and start cooking for tomorrow.

I hope y'all have much to be thankful for, and remember,

life is uncertain, eat dessert first. 

Dave

IMG_20191127_150159888.jpg

I received my EMI filter today, wired it into the shop LED fixture, flipped on the switch and ... the light came on. TADA!! :D

(But the radio is still full of static.) :o

Gonna try better quality LED's, they should arrive soon...or maybe I'll try and fix one of the myriad fluorescent fixtures lying around in disrepair. I'm packing up the new fixture and taking it back.

Rather unusually, did a bit of goldsmithing in the shop today. More precisely, I sprained my ring finger (my big chop saw fell on me as I was moving it from its old casters to its new rolling base), and I had to cut off my wedding ring before the swelling cut off my circulation. 

621289B7-9E3A-48C2-B2FF-34BD63095F41.jpeg

(After, it must be noted, giving Lisa a heads-up that I was doing this. Didn’t want her to get the wrong idea.)