• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work CGL, i wish my first came out that good. I sell a bunch of these. A girl i know takes them to that Renaissance festival and also makes cloaks she puts them on. I have found that making the pin flat or "P" shaped rather than a a nice eye shape they work better. 

JHCC, i also use them when making hawks. Grabs they eye real nice.  

Cool anvils Bubbadreier!

I finally bought my first bag of coal to burn in the forge (I've been burning wood...not so good) and punched a couple hammer billets. I didn't realize how fast coal heats up steel and burned a side of one billet. It will just be practice. Got my Kerrihard trip hammer mostly put back together and greased. Also made a leaf for the first time in forever.

20191117_200546.jpg

20191117_200559.jpg

20191117_200815.jpg

Thank you so much guys for your kind words. Sometimes I get to second guessing myself about my ability, but y'all encourage me that maybe I can do ok.

Bubbadreier, sounds like you've been hard at work. Two anvils to choose from. Nice!

metaldrms, no trip hammer in my shop. Or any heavy equipment like that for that matter. Nice hammer head billets and a cute little leaf. Leaves are hard for me to get right for some reason

Hello Pzkw 108! I think we posted at the same time ;)

Mr. PZKW108,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find it an excellent resource, and a great bunch of people.

I remember that pzkw is an abbreviation for the German word "panzerkampfwagen",

I encountered it while studying world war two history.

It translates into English as tank or armored fighting vehicle.

But,  I suspect that that is just an interesting coincidence.

Good to have on board.

SLAG.

an old high carbon file, like the size down from 14 inch bastard. hardened in oil 

i dont know what the handles are but my buddy said its from some kinda tractor hitch thing i forgot how he explained it but they use a hard wood so if its over stressed it will break and not bend or something? got it in square piece and actually carved it round with a chisel lol i think the little decay that was forming gave it a cool look

Bubbdadreier  I bought 4 of those anvils for the teaching center. A great anvil overall for the money and the dual horn design comes in really handy.  NEB bought a few for testing and because of the weight they are more portable for the group. Everyone who has tried them has liked them and a few of the members bought 1 as well. 

I had 1 that was defective with a void under the face you could stick your finger into the hardie hole and right under the anvil face. Was about 2" hollow.  the seller sent a shipping label and took it back. No replacement but will buy another 1 for a total of 4. 

Cheechwizard, looks great. Nice job. 

i use one of those anvils as well. been abusing the xxxx out of it. xxxx just made a 2 pound hammer striking with a 4 pounder most of the time. if i end up xxxxxxx it up that bad xxxx it was 130 bucks. although i need to make a striking anvil.. i have a little piece of 1" plate might work i guess..... putting a hardy hole in it gonna be a [challenge].