• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Daswulf

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A guy I work with has one that's practically invisible. I forget he has it and apparently it links to his phone for calls. Theres been several times I thought he was talking to me, himself, and was waiting to hear our boss from his phone i clearly thought was on speaker phone but realized after he started talking, that he had that ear thing. :rolleyes: 

I'm trying to save what I have left when I think about it, but am absolutely no roll model for it. 

I really like my hearing aids. Should have gotten them ten years ago. Did you know when the turn signal is on in the vehicle it goes click, click, click. I didn't until getting them. :lol:The only draw back is I have to take them out when at the forge and put in the ear plugs.

My ears are fine. It's my eyes that ain't so great anymore...

I remember a lady when I was a little kid that had hearing aids. She would mess with the volume all the time and you would hear this high pitched whining. Everybody said she did it on purpose to annoy everyone. May be. She's wasnt very nice that I remember

"Feedback" is a fairly common problem with hearing aids.  It's gotten better over the years but when you go to hug your honey and their head is next to your ear, you get that screaming.  It's a hassle.  Take care of your hearing..............aids will never get you back to normal.

For all the metal I've got dug out of my eyes (even wearing safety glasses), My eyesight is still great. It is the hearing that embarrases me here and there. Can't say how many times after a few tries I just nod and smile but never understood what was said. Always in noisy conditions for me tho. 

Well, I do have trouble with certain sounds. Usually low sounds. My nephew has a deep voice, but is soft spoken. I have to have him repeat himself or I can't understand him. Hmm....maybe just low tones I can't pick up very well. Maybe too much heavy metal in the 80s;)  Speaking of the 80s, good job on the guitar Das. A Flying V would certainly compliment that era. 

Heavy metal banging on the anvil now. But my anvil is much quieter than any concert I ever went to:D

When i was in the Army i had to wear a CVC helmet. Looks like a helicopter pilots helmet with a boom mike and ear phones. The radios in the tank had a constant hum. Ever since, all sounds kind of get jumbled together. When i talk to some one i have to tilt my head so that my ear is towards them so i can understand them. Background noise washes out a lot also. 

And now the eyes are going, used to be able to "shoot the eyes out of a rattlesnake at 100 yards in a sandstorm", now i cant read the road signs until i am right up on them. 

And by golly when i find that guy who keeps making the floor lower ima goin to whoop him good. Every time i bend over to pick up something it seems i grow 3 feet taller.  

Ahh, the joys of getting old. Cant wait for the alzheimers, that way i wont remember what it was like to be young. 

38 minutes ago, BillyBones said:

Cant wait for the alzheimers, that way i wont remember what it was like to be young. 

They say that there are three signs of impending senility: loss of memory and...and…and... I can’t remember the other two.

I think i saw one of them 48's in a museum. :D

When i joined i could have been on a 60 actually. The Army was phasing them out and it was mostly the Marines that had them. 

Went to the ME with the 3rd infantry and 1st armor. Ended my time at Ft. Hood with the 1st cav. 

Came home on leave one year and went to see a good buddy of mine. I was sitting on his couch when his dad came out and sat down. Now his dad had never said a single word to me the whole time we were growing up. He looks at me and says "You the one that joined the Army?" i said yup. He proceded to ask me about the M1. How it worked, what i thought about it, etc. Then looks at me and says he was just wanting some first hand opinion becuase he was the one who designed the computer system on the tank. He worked in the FTD building at WPAFB. 

Carving hatchet.  4 5/8" long 3 1/8" cutting edge. 

Those last photos were as far as I could take it with the equipment (vise) they had there. I spent 10min doing some more clean up little while ago in the trailer.  got a little more to go before hardening. 

I have to clean up the back side a little more before hardening. maybe another 10minutes or so. 

20190915_194834.jpg

20190915_194843.jpg

Took the big casters I got off the flow rack and welded them onto feet of the chop saw:

E5CD15C0-E996-44C9-B205-729A6B26BE36.jpeg

Which makes it much easier to pack it into the forge half of the garage when I’m not working:

E4CD5A90-4940-43D7-AA35-6B18E11376FA.jpeg

(Jammed between the pedestal grinder and the gas forge.)