• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, littleblacksmith said:

Nice looking hammer!

Littleblacksmith

Thank you! Now i just have to to through everything again and make it all look better. Haha

1 hour ago, arkie said:

Very nice job, Elijah!!  Put that puppy to work.

Thanks Arkie! I sure will. Maybe we could meet up sometime this summer/fall and run through and make some tools. 

15 hours ago, EJRailRoadTrack said:

Thanks Arkie! I sure will. Maybe we could meet up sometime this summer/fall and run through and make some tools. 

That would be fun. I've never made a hammer before. You seem to have it nailed (or hammered)!

finally finished this commission, this was the second one I did, first one didn't work out. By the way,  before ya'll start teasin me about it, I didn't choose the handle wood!

The back of the handle where I filed in the design I don't like, but the customer does, so that's all that matters. I spaced them out too much, and so it looks pretty lame....

Thought I'd also through in a couple hooks I made. The one with the knot hangs on some chain that is draped from the rafters that I then hang stuff on, the other one was for my saw to hang on the wall.

Littleblacksmith

IMG_6261[1].JPG

IMG_6263[1].JPG

IMG_6260[1].JPG

IMG_6264[1].JPG

IMG_6253[1].JPG

IMG_6255[1].JPG

IMG_6257[1].JPG

IMG_6258[1].JPG

Bocote, never used it before or heard of it, worked easy.

Littleblacksmith

29 minutes ago, littleblacksmith said:

finally finished this commission, this was the second one I did, first one didn't work out. By the way,  before ya'll start teasin me about it, I didn't choose the handle wood!

The back of the handle where I filed in the design I don't like, but the customer does, so that's all that matters. I spaced them out too much, and so it looks pretty lame....

Confidence, brother, confidence! Unique design elements make your work special not lame. ;)

You did a nice job, again!

Bests:

Gergely

I'm the biggest critic of my work, its good at times though, as it creates high standards of what leaves the shop and what doesn't. yeah, slap "unique" on or "vintage" on anything today and it sells! oh, and don't forget about "tactical"!

"tactical slippers"!-

Image result for tactical slippers

Made a candle holder. I call it "scarred heart." It's not what I planned but it happened. I have been hating this thing for months it gave me more trouble ( should I say I gave myself trouble) but I finished it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Das,

Copper (2) nitrate will give a nice blue color.

Copper treated with aqueous silver nitrate will change some of the copper to copper nitrate and color the copper surface.. Or you can treat the copper with nitric acid to produce the same copper nitrate.

Silver nitrate used to be carried by some drugstores. Or you can order it.

Try,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper(II)_nitrate

Be careful with the acid.

Goodnight i.f.i. citizens.

SLAG.