• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Daswulf

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I needed some really tiny rasps made, but I have no idea on how to do so, but I gave it a go anyway, it does not look good, the teeth are all over the place but I will give it some more tries, think I also need to adjust the cutting tool, it will get better hopefully.

it is heat treated and it cuts.

rasp.jpg.cad16fbafedf9902d86b403172696f3d.jpg

Such nice work from everybody! Lou L, I especially like your candle-a-bra. Fit for Xena the Warrior Princess:) Here is my project today. I've watched Brian Brazeal do it several times on you tube and thought I would give it a try. I learned some things to do different next time. I have a few more shoes, so I'll try it again. I'm in the process of filing some of the sharp edges and such I left on it. Hope everybody has a good day

image.jpeg

Buzzkill, thanks for the great idea (and pun).  I put little effort into the interior of the “piece” because it would be out of view.  If I were to polish it it would certainly create a nice halo effect.  I’m on it! 

Angry with myself....I just offered a minor diatribe against Roman art in favor of the Greeks because the Romans designed their statues to be against a wall and put no detail in the back side of them.  And here I go following suit.  Down with Roman metalwork!

I seem to keep getting texts asking "when will "such and such" be done." Ugh! I just want to get my shop cleaned and organized! 

After about the tenth time over a scorpion I'm feeling like there is going to be a mob with pitchforks and torches outside my shop soon. 

Had one started and Hated it. So I started a new one. Was it Vaughn, BigGun, or who that told me to TIG the chain? Yeah, Wow, big difference Even with zero experience other than watching a video years ago. I really need to learn this TIG thing.

Anyway, here is the start. Getting worried when the guys nickname that wants this is Tommy Gun, and it seems he is possibly getting impatient.

IMG_14082018_212648_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg

IMG_14082018_212703_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg

15 hours ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

A fine looking rasp, should do anything you ask of it.

Thank you, it actually works great even though it is my first attempt, I made it for filing jewelers wax and it works great it does not clog up like a normal needle file would do with wax :)

18 hours ago, Lou L said:

Buzzkill, thanks for the great idea (and pun).

I'd definitely like to see how it looks lit up when you're done.  I have to say that I think CrazyGoatLady's "candle-a-bra" play on words is the best one so far though.

Finished the bigger gas forge and monitored the first heat and got them with the single 1 ¼ air forced burner till 1700 F. Lisa name him ‘Platypus’ with the funny exhaust (face) and his form because he is cute but even dangerous. With the bigger camber I’m able to forge some bigger pieces witch was not possible in ‘Ms.Piggy’ the forge next to ‘Platypus’.

Cheers, Hans    

DSC00637.JPG

DSC00639.JPG

DSC00640.JPG

DSC00638.JPG

Buzzkill, I went at the job sincerely about 15 minutes after responding to your suggestion.  A wire wheel on my hand drill didn’t even break through the finish.  I can’t fit a grinder in there now that the bracket is attached.  I’m considering the pain and folly of going at it with my dremel and about 100 small grinding drums.  I’m afraid I won’t be able to get at the area around the candle holder and it will look terrible.  I’m considering my options.  Oh, to have had that suggestion before final assembly!  

This is the second horseshoe heart. I took what I learned yesterday that I think I did wrong and I'm much happier with this one. It doesn't sit flat because I haven't figured out how to keep it straight. One of these days I hope to be able to produce some of the excellent work all you guys post on here. Such amazing work to all of you. Have a good day

image.jpeg

JLP, absolutely awesome knife. Thats one of my favorite general purpose shapes. It looks perfect. Love it. 

Finished up the scorpion tonight other than the clearcoat and engraving. I scrapped the last one i was working on. This one is "ok".

I really need to get back to spoons and forks. 

IMG_15082018_233239_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg

IMG_15082018_233229_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg

IMG_15082018_233247_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg