• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made this plant hanger. I know it's rudimentary,but I had fun making it. I haven't made anything in over a year because of all the things that have happened. I was very much a novice and still very much a novice. But I love it. This was also made using the new gas forge my awesome husband and in laws got for me.

image.jpeg

Looks pretty good Darlin. One of these days when someone says they made a plant hanger I'd LOVE to open a post and see a steel hangman's noose and wrought gallows.  Just once, is that asking too much?

1 hour ago, CrazyGoatLady said:

I dressed and hafted a couple of hammers

This is GOOD, I always dress before I haft hammers or do much of anything in the shop. It's just full of pointy scratchy things.

We having fun or what? :)

Frosty The Lucky.

Ugh but now he has me thinking of making the noose in steel at least. Ugh, more stuff to make on my mind. 

Nice plant hanger crazygoatlady. Yup, show us more. :)

I only lit my forge tonight to burn excess cardboard from cleaning the shop.... :(

Hey Frosty, I have one for you.  I imagine you have never seen something like this when someone posted that they made a candle holder!

My buddy (the one I made knives for) was dismissive of the usual newb blacksmith stuff I offered to my friends at a get together.  Offhand, he suggested that, we’re i to ever make him something, it should be a wall-mounted breast candle holder.  I don’t think he expects that I went for it.  Hope he likes his wedding present!

1E984F64-6172-4E22-A117-4AD1229BBD93.thumb.jpeg.60d3838caf7701ddc187baf33d04ef3b.jpeg

1427617D-5692-470C-A8B2-B1F2CA12AE7A.thumb.jpeg.495c3668d39631efb0eb4bba5199981b.jpeg

When I was playing around with my new to me screwpress I made a bunch of shield bosses trying it out for dishing with various pieces of tooling I had around.  One boss ended up "anatomically correct" and I threw it in with the rest as a joke when I donated them to the Irish Living History group I was in (Y1K---Brian Boru). One of our members selected it for his shield. He was the Catholic Priest who was a member...

So, that was worth it!  I got a Catholic priest with a family breast on his shield and the new name (scandalous sconce) for that project.  Thanks for the support all, I’m pleased with this project.  I did small tests, created a template, and then worked through issues as they came up.  Basically, I got exactly what I intended to get from the outset.  It was almost like I did what I meant to do.

Avoiding the taunt to get myself banned....I WAS thinking about making some shaped punches (diamond, half moon, whatever I felt like) and punching holes along the top before shaping in order to allow it to shed light.  Then I pictured the ubiquitous Christmas tree candle holder and decided it would make something that is already gaudy just unbearably tacky.  

I’ll allow my buddy the license to effect Thomas’s improvement idea if he so chooses.  He does have a drill...

I want a ladle for pouring water on specific locations to cool areas of work I've completed & I don't want to mess up.

Also I've never made a bowl, spoon or ladle before so I wanted to try my hand at it.

Fitting for my screen name I used metal cut from my old Shovelhead FLH fender.

Now I have to practice my riveting.

suggestions....Copper or steel ?

IMG_7766.JPG

IMG_7767.JPG

IMG_7768.JPG

IMG_7769.JPG

IMG_7770.JPG

IMG_7771.JPG