• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Daswulf

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha nice one. I thought up our daughters first name ( if we were having a daughter which is the case now) while laying awake one night. Ayana. My fine lady liked it and we were set. As far as a boys name we could not agree. I think I picked about half old Viking style names and even some animals like wolf or bear lol.  I really wanted something different and she was on a different spectrum of different. But, with the recent news we are set with Ayana Rylee. Besides I know she wouldn't have gone for it. ;) 

Excellent Farmall, and thanks. :) 

Well after a comment from Thomas about making a post anvil ( stump anvil?) somewhere on here I was looking down at a 15lb hammer head and thinking post anvil. 

going to make this one better then my last I hope. Found a chunk of 1 3/4" 4140 for the post part of it.

I was using tsc anthracite i had sitting around in the shop since my good coal is still frozen up outside.  Was a good exercise in forging under different conditions then I am used to. I "feel" I'd be further along using my usual bituminous coal in my forge. 

Moved up from my 4lb hammer to my 6lb to move it faster. Which was still slow for me by hand. 

Will continue this Sunday probably. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a friend that would tell me to just give the pieces to him and he would machine them to fit for me. Where is the fun in that. A power hammer Would be nice tho.

Go visit your friend Thomas... You know you want to forge a post anvil...   :) and we would love to see it.

Ooh man. The cleaning and organizing is scary. I battle with myself all the time with it. 

I'm working on cleaning out my old room in the house to make it baby's room. So far I put just a bit of my ammo in a tote and then realized I couldn't lift it much. Need a new plan for it. Lol. I'm digging the ammo cans more but only have so many. Ugh. 

Lol. Glenn that is already on my mind. Tho my child will never want for caltrops... I mean LEGOS. I am now in the habit of wearing sandles in the house now. Before boots were welcome since it is a farm style ( read mud everywhere) house. Well I changed a bit for my fine lady and now boots come off in the kitchen and sandles or slippers are allowed in house. 

Lol, Thanks Glenn. We went today to start a baby registry for Elizabeth's baby shower  there is so much " stuff" I really wonder and think, what does a baby really need  obviously all this stuff wasn't around a long time ago and we prospered as the human species. soo many plastic doo dads.

Thanks JLP. I have a feeling I will be more tired once she is born. :) 

Das,

A tip.

It two people to raise an infant and resultant child. It is VERY hard to do it alone.

When one of you hits the wall the partner takes over. Just knowing that the other "half" will be by soon saves the day.

And you will hit the wall. Trust this old boy on that.

They are worth the love and all the effort.

SLAG.

JHCC,

Nice job and with a little extra "work" your smithy might pass for a crime scene?