• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Daswulf

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much everybody! It’s an idea I’d been kicking around for awhile. I made an attempt at it a year or so ago but my skill level hadn’t caught up to my ideas at that point. 

Das, I’d don’t plan on skimping on the stand but I do wonder if the stand should be more reserved to make the tools stand out. 

The stand would look great embellished. Just make the individual tools stand out in how they hang on it or however it will work. Hmm. Make the stand stand out more where the tools don't like lower towards the lower part?. That would make it full bodied and if like that poker, awesome. 

3 hours ago, Daswulf said:

The stand would look great embellished. Just make the individual tools stand out in how they hang on it or however it will work. Hmm. Make the stand stand out more where the tools don't like lower towards the lower part?. That would make it full bodied and if like that poker, awesome. 

I like the idea of having the fancy part down low. Off to the drawing board...that’s a lie, I’ll just wing it like always. 

I forgot to show ya'll a smaller rounding hammer Me and BountyForge made a few weeks ago from 1045. Then today I forged a twisting wrench for 1/4" square, 1/8" flat, and really thin flat. Also made a large pair of flat jaw tongs to hold 1 3/4" square. These were just a practice pair of doing them this style, were forged from 5/8" square. Forged a pineapple twist square center punch, I enjoy making these. Then just for fun made a little piece showing the progression of punching and drifting a whole. I said it would make a nice Christmas ornament, my mom thought otherwise haha. Oh, almost forgot, then also forged a small rounding hammer with a friend of mine yesterday, it turned out alright. 

Littleblacksmith 

IMG_0078[1].JPG

IMG_0066[2].JPG

IMG_0068[1].JPG

IMG_0062[1].JPG

IMG_0060[1].JPG

IMG_0055[1].JPG

IMG_0069[1].JPG

This knife is from a while back, it was a fun one to make. has Two different handle woods, the black one is ebony, the other one I don't know what it is, between it is a copper spacer. copper mosaic pins, cable Damascus with copper, and filing on the spine.

littleblacksmith 

IMG_0043[1].JPG

IMG_0045[1].JPG

IMG_0046[1].JPG

IMG_0047[1].JPG

Just now, Ranchmanben said:

Mark, great work and I’m always impressed with how much good work you churn out. 

That's just because I don't show the bad work! 

littleblacksmith 

Thanks Chris! I had another friend say the copper looked like maggots crawling through the steel..

littleblacksmith 

sure is! I just took it as a compliment but now every time I look at the blade that's what I think of.

Thank you!

Littleblacksmith

They are, and that actually really annoyed me...Its one of those problems that once it happens you cant really fix it. That was the on thing I didn't like about that knife!

Littleblacksmith