I Forge Iron

Help with pricing please! Dahlonega, Georgia

Depends on what you mean by "worth". How valuable it is to you as a blacksmith? How much money you could get if you sold it? What the cost would be to replace it, for calculating insurance claims? What the fair market value is to claim as a charitable deduction? Did you pay too much for it or did you get a fantastic deal? Anvil prices go up and down anyway and vary by location, so that complicates things as well. 

We're happy to help, but we do need a bit more info to give an appropriate answer.

Need more pictures too---at least a face shot!

For local "going rates"  asking at the ABANA Affiliate for your area will be a better way to go; anvils are going high in Australia and lower in the UK and we have folks both places here.

Is the mushrooming from heavy use---probably shoeing---or was it in a fire and lost it's temper? (Ring and ball bearing test results requests are like asking if a used car has a good engine and transmission.)

Welcome aboard, We won't remember your location once leaving this thread, hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show it. For my area and personal preference, I would pay no more than $2.00 US per pound for most anvils in the condition I see in your first picture. That is provided they pass the ring & rebound (ball bearing) test.