I Forge Iron

Looking for help...

Norsecrafts

I'm going to start off with I am completely new to this. Always wanted to get into blacksmithing tho and bought a single burner propane forge. Went to fire it up and flames came out both sides pretty high. (Photo attachted). Not really sure what to do but dont want to cause anything bad to happen. 

Screenshot_20200831-193720_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20200831-193735_Video Player.jpg

Welcome Norsecrafts. I dont know enough about propane forges to comment but that looks dangerous. Im sure someone here will be able to help you out. I would wait for some advice before lighting the forge again. In the meantime you should put your location  on your profile. You never know, another member might be close to you and willing to help you out!

Welcome aboard Norsecrafts, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll have a chance to hook up with members living within visiting distance.

Your videos don't play, how about a couple still pics, shaky videos spinning around aren't easy to see. What is a video of the gauge supposed to tell anybody? The ONLY thing a gauge is actually good for is being able to adjust the fire without having to wait and see when the forge comes up to heat.

What does the maker of the forge say? Were there instructions, what did they say? 

My first suggestion is to open the choke plate, it isn't drawing combustion air. Turn the psi down to maybe 7psi. as a place to start.

Frosty The Lucky.

You know what the choke plate is, yes? It's intended to control how much combustion air can be induced into the burner. 

No videos please, still pics of around 100-300kb show plenty of detail and the forum won't bounce them.

Frosty The Lucky.

Yes it's burning extremely rich and way too much gas---which is why you get the white flames outside of the forge.  You want blue flames inside the forge.

You mentioned that it only came with a piece of paper; but did not mention what the manufacturer said when you contacted them directly?   If you bought a new car and it wouldn't go over 5 miles an hour would you ask random strangers about it or talk with the Dealer?  If a manufacturer will not support their product; feel free to badmouth them to the world!