I Forge Iron

Masonic Anvil

PS After posting I did a google search for "Masonic Anvil" and came up with an image identical to yours.  It was described as a paperweight anvil and was 8 1/2" tall which strikes me as large for a paperweight.  Also, it had the identification for a Lodge cast into the reverse side from the Masonic square and compass.

JHCC: Boo, hiss, groan!  But good word play.  Not everyone would get it.

I could wax Poetical what with the masonic mention in "The Cask of Amontillado".   

It seems to be very nicely cast; but of no obvious use and probably a bit heavy for an Apron pocket.

I'm still waiting on a size.  One of my ex-coworker's sons Teacher gave him a picture of it and asked for historical background.   Being on the border I would guess it was cast as a trinket...

I can't believe you guys are troweling on puns this plumb easy. 

I vote for a lodge "trinket" paper weight or similar. I'm not a mason so don't know if lodges or the Masons sell stuff like this. I have no foundation to base an opinion on. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Bad Stand-Up Comedy is almost a given for Blacksmiths; I think it starts when you are doing public demo's: you light a match and WHOOSH there is a crowd around you wanting to see you smithing on stuff and not understanding that you have to wait till the workpiece is at the proper temperature before hammering on it.  So rather than just stand there working the air supply and staring at the eager faces; you learn to work the crowd:  Talk about what you are going to do, talk about getting started in blacksmithing, soon you find yourself going over the old groaners.  You *still* can't drive a crowd away!

A general comment:  A good (aka really bad) pun is like a hand grenade, once you have pulled the pin and released the spoon there is a 3-5 second fuze.  So, once you've dropped the grenade/pun there is silence for a few seconds and then when people get it a nice round groan rolls around the room.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."