I Forge Iron

Grinder advice?

Jealdi

Picked this up from a guy a while back. It's just been sitting in my garage for a few weeks now as I'm trying to find an electrician to run 220 into the garage so I can use it. I think I'm a long way from actually needing something like this, but the price seemed good. The motor on it currently sells for $175 at HF. Debating if I should keep it and keep looking for an electrician to wire up 220 or just see if I can sell it off for at least what I paid for it.

grinder3.thumb.jpg.ca8dbfcfe0dabed899b193fb5bc9e734.jpg278105981_grinder4.thumb.jpg.645ff2f80df93874d2ab6ce9f97fc6f6.jpg

My thought is that if you can use a grinder of that size keep it since you probably paid less than new replacement value.  Also, it is always a good thing to have 220/240 in your shop and is a good general investment even without the grinder.  My mental questions on tools is to consider (in roughly descending order) a) can I use it, b) will it improve or speed up some process I already do, c) will it allow me to do something that I can't with my present tools, d) will it fit in my shop and, if so, where, e) can I afford it, f) can I transport it, and g) does it have some sort of coolness factor.  The different factors have different weights depending on the situation.  All might be yes except f) and if that is the case I have to walk away.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

that white Romex is not rated for use as a cord and its dangerous being used there. the solid wires break easily from flexing.  Romex is only to be used installed permanently, and since it is  not flexible at all, it needs to be protected as well