I Forge Iron

refining a high carbon steel bloom, all hand hammer welded

12 minutes ago, Chris C said:

Man, Thomas, I had to look that one up.  Ring-a-ding-a-ling.

Sir Thomas Powers gets the win for most terms googled by other members!

I have learned much terminology and acronyms from this lot. One day I might be able to confidently mingle with some of you Curmudgeons.

I was reading a book on Judge Isaac Parker this morning and learned that there used to be an outlaw with my given name in the area that Parker was Judge over; which happens to also be the area some of my family is from.  I now wonder a bit more about my family using my middle name and not my first, "given", name...what's worse; I was once teamed up with a Dalton too....Deja Vu?  Or as the famous quote puts it:  "don't you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”  I do miss my t-shirt with the "Hang Around Fort Smith" on it...

On 7/31/2020 at 4:03 PM, Chris C said:

Heck all this time I thought you were just one of those dumb 'ol blacksmiths in bib overalls.  roflmao.gif.32e4c476a2e4d9f84d8f8a46aee151a5.gif  Didn't realize you were a plumb intellectual type!

Reading Poe, I would hazard to guess, he has a bit of a twist to him, as do I.  My favorite is The Cask Of Amontillado, Many times (in the past) I'd thought about that, But I've actually become friends with my exs' new hubby.  (poor guy)  And his name is actually Fortunado. :)

I like wearing bib overalls in the smithy---protective and good for air flow particularly if fairbairn-sykes!    Funny how folks can fall for believing clothing indicates education.   Working in a Geology Department at a University a lot of the Professors with Doctorates wander around in denim shirts and  shorts and hiking boots.

Clothing, or accents... It's funny -- having a southern accent and very slight speech impediment, I always manage to exceed expectations! I wasn't quite as smart as Mr. Don Williams:

"But I was smarter than most and I could choose

Learned to talk like the man on the six o'clock news"