I Forge Iron

Help date my Trenton anvil

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you might discover how many members live within visiting distance. 

I'll bet you have no idea how poorly you asked for help. No hello, no story at all, just ANOTHER guy asking someone to ID an anvil. For a polite inquiry you list a serial #. Didn't even say please. I mean SERIOUSLY, not even a question mark! 

You need to get out and talk to people, living on cell phone text is REALLY stunting your social skills. No, don't go out now, wait till the pandemic gets cleared up and it's safe but you REALLY need to learn how to talk to people.

However, I'm sure some of the super kind and helpful folk on the forum will answer your question. I just hope it's someone who actually has a copy of AIA.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

GFS,

I looked in my copy of Anvils in America and it states that your anvil was made in 1920, so she turned 100 this year!  Looks like 2,435 Trenton anvils were made that year.

Pictures would be nice to see in the future because we all like to see pictures of anvils.  Another thing to keep in mind is that age really isn't an indicator of anvil quality.  You can have the oldest anvil in America and have it be a very poor performer as far as forging goes.

Another thing you may notice about our little community is that we can be a difficult bunch at times.  Have a thick skin and enjoy all the info that is here to read.   Most folks serious about joining this community do offer a hello or introduction of some kind.  I wish you well in your forging endeavors.