I Forge Iron

Help with Markings

Looking for some help.  Bought this anvil with the back cracked off.  It has markings but I can't seem to figure out who made it.  There is a large M on it, and I can see "son & s" but can't make out the rest any ideas, thanks for the help! 

20200726_121616.jpg

20200726_120126.jpg

20200726_120129.jpg

20200726_120118.jpg

Edited by Mod30
Remove excessive quote

Matt;

the lower stamping reads to me as Stourbridge, a town in Black County, west of Birmingham (and near Dudley - a major center of anvil production in the UK.)

I've done some internet searching and found a listing for an Eveson & Son's anvil on 'Worthpoint' (an antique price tracking site, possibly for ebay?) Anyways with what I can gleam from your pictures, the info on that site meshes with the manufacturer and location.

Cheers, 

Don

Edited by Don Shears
Typo corrections

Welcome aboard Matt... Even with the broken heel that old gal still has plenty of life left in her. If you take a read of this thread Read This First up in the blue banner, it will help you get the best out of the forum with a lot of tips. If you edit your profile to show your location it will help with answers that depend upon knowing where in the world you are located.