I Forge Iron

Forging a Wrought Iron Hammer with Gold Inlay

matthew stagmer

On our most recent video we started with a wrought Iron anchor chain and forged a Bladesmithing style hammer. Ilya also hand engraved it and inlaid some copper, silver and gold.

I thought that some of you may get a kick out of it! 

thistothathammerthumbnail.jpg

Video removed due to advertising.  Youtube videos that contain advertisements are not allowed on IForgeIron.

Certainly pretty, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about actually using a hammer with silver and 24k gold inlays.. but that's just me, still pretty cool it exists though.

P.S. A Raid Shadow Legends ad? I know they're ubiquitous on youtube, but still... first time I've had to FF through one when watching a video on this site...

Well that's good, you and Ilya both do great work so I'm glad you're able to expand. I just don't understand how that particular app has so much money to advertise almost everywhere on youtube. Same with Raycon, Simplisafe, etc.. 

Sorry if my previous post was a little abrasive, just my 2 cents. I don't mean to offend or anything.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:40 PM, Frazer said:

I just don't understand how that particular app has so much money to advertise almost everywhere on youtube. Same with Raycon, Simplisafe, etc.. 

I have no idea how Raid has so much money to spend on advertising. They hit me up every month for a spot and we say no most of the time because it's just too much for our audience. Sometimes we say yes and try to make the ad fun or do something goofy. I much prefer working with Skillshare and companies that are relative to our brand. Those opportunities don't always come up though. 

11 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Oddest shaped Tsuba I've seen!  (The inlay reminds me of some of the tsuba I've seen.)

They are supposed to make you think of that. Same techniques ! Good eye !