I Forge Iron

Making Peat Charcoal

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm a little sad Glenn got this forum rolling too late in my life

Jeez Frosty, they tell me 60 is the new 30 these days.  And anyway, look at your peers on here judging by the amount of anvils and power hammers he has, Thomas Powers must be around a hundred and twelve by now and he’s still rummaging for more!

7 hours ago, JHCC said:

Aly Bain to dedicate a song to her

Not a woman in Scotland that wouldn’t blush at Aly Bain winking at them over his fiddle.

Amazing stats on the ifi membership Frosty, certainly for me it’s a great well of knowledge. The closest thing I can get now to an experienced smith looking over my shoulder.

I've had to stop looking for smithing equipment to have any room in my shop for me; now it ambushes me when I'm not looking!.  Us old curmudgeons are like old cars---it's not the years; it's the mileage! (Some of use are more banged up than others too.)

21 hours ago, MacLeod said:

Jeez Frosty, they tell me 60 is the new 30 these days.

I hear that too, even with my medical conditions I'm healthier than my parents were at 45. The way medical science is advancing, especially 3D printing and growing body parts, I figure if I can hang on another 20 years I can get a whole new 20 Yr,o body and I WILL know then what I know now. :) Just as long as I can skip :opuberty!

Thanks for cluing me to Aly Blain, I'm not a big music listener guy but I can listen to that genre. My problem will be not breaking into a jig or reel in the shop.

Frosty The Lucky. 

• 4 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, Frosty said:

My problem will be not breaking into a jig or reel in the shop.

I break into one when I get a splash off the welder:rolleyes:

Just had to add this photo to this thread from outside Calum’s fathers and my grandfathers workshops. Calum and his father are on the right of the photo, next to my uncle kenny, my grandfather is on the cart.  I was born 50 years too late, can only imagine the laughs these guys had.:rolleyes:

22B23D53-4326-4C4D-94AF-7CFEB0DDE55F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...