I Forge Iron

Sweden Anvil

I’ve found 250lbs stamped on it and then KOHU SWA SWEEDEN stamped and then on the very bottom it has a stamp that read K something 105 then I guess a blacksmith put his Initials A.F.D. If anyone has any information on when this baby was born or entering I would gladly appreciate it. 

That's Kohlswa Sweden a top shelf anvil and from the brief glimpse I got in the video appears to be in good condition. A jerky video swinging around doesn't tell us much of anything. Some Swedish anvils have the year cast stamped obverse the name. But it varies a lot depending on who contracted the runs.

Please, post still pics with decent lighting so we CAN get a look and maybe help you.

Frosty The Lucky.

I contacted Kohlswa a few months back when I was making a list of current anvil makers and I was told they no longer make anvils, sadly. Although, I still seem to come across European blacksmith supply stores offering the Kohlswa range. Maybe its left over stock, or they just haven't updated their websites, I'm not sure. 

Thank you so much for your help I’ll post better pictures but it’s raining today. I did find a stamp that says patend I think. It’s on the front right heal. This isn’t letting me send pictures currently 

I’m sure she is old. I’m just not sure how old. 

Anvils are not really considered old until they are 200 years plus.  So probably not "old" as anvils go.  Many of us are using anvils over 100 years old and I have one from 1828 that gets used from time to time---just so it doesn't feel "left out".

My Father was from Fort Smith; I was born in Fayetteville when he was at UofA during the 1950's.  I still have 13 acres of family land from my Mother's side in Cedarville. (And a degree from UofA myself).

BTW; heels are in the back.  Is the stamp on the front foot?