I Forge Iron

Unstable bellows

natkova

On 5/31/2020 at 7:42 PM, Frosty said:

You don't need to have the bellows even with the tue, it only needs just enough space it doesn't hit the rafters. Move it higher it can be over a work bench you aren't using while forging. put a loop or knot in the cord used to pump it so you can lift the bottom leaf so you don't bang your head. 

Make it square and put it in a corner if that works best. The bellows doesn't need to be at the forge, that's what air ducting is for. 

Frosty The Lucky.

It looks like those bellows are just what i need, i put less weight on top chamber so it squeze steady air and it is better, now well i get it to yellow color today listening to advice put less amount of fuel like fingernail size, it get heated slowly but it get heated , even tuyere today were yellow :D

Maybe not but you have better control of your fire and that's what counts. With control you can make it as small or large or as hot as you need. 

If you're concerned with being able to make forge / fire welds, that's a different issue and we'll help you build the TYPE fire that works well and help you learn how to weld. Welding isn't difficult there are just steps to follow. That's it, just follow the steps. Forge welding is for another thread in a different section where we'll be more than happy to help as best we can.

Frosty The Lucky.

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

Maybe not but you have better control of your fire and that's what counts. With control you can make it as small or large or as hot as you need. 

If you're concerned with being able to make forge / fire welds, that's a different issue and we'll help you build the TYPE fire that works well and help you learn how to weld. Welding isn't difficult there are just steps to follow. That's it, just follow the steps. Forge welding is for another thread in a different section where we'll be more than happy to help as best we can.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hwre is my anvil same size as bellows , dont need bigger for now. I think it is better than sledgehammer.

IMG_20200609_123349.jpg