I Forge Iron

It rained...of course my shop is flooded!

I was never much for electronics though I had a couple friends who were exceptional. One friend Ralph's Grandfather was at genius level and built a ruby laser when they were still a mystery to many. Ralph who was no slouch discovered he could wire in a modulator and hack into TV reception through the antenna on a couple channels. We had fun talking to folk watching TV, fake alien invasion warnings were always a good one though the tidal wave warning usually got good results. Aiming was the hard part and we'd watch through telescopes.

We're lucky we didn't go to jail or the hospital for some of the tricks we pulled. It's much easier to find out how TO do things than how NOT TO do them.

Frosty The Lucky.

Life doesn't come with nearly enough warning labels; however that may be for a reason. When I was a mid teenager to early 20's such warning labels would probably just have been viewed as possible suggestions for fun activities!

Teenagers with Y chromosomes---they don't page Darwin; they have the Bat phone to him! 

Ayup, warning labels were more like suggestions.:) Fortunately we tended to be really careful, not enough sometimes but we dodged outright disaster many times. There was a really large dry sand wash not far from home where we did most of our more energetic experiments.

Frosty The Lucky.

Trying? So maybe it wasn't the original recipe, if it worked it worked. We discovered the napalm recipe we heard from our Dads didn't work worth spit but we came up with several versions that worked nicely.  Parental scare stories were more like advertising. 

Frosty The Lucky.

You mean like "popping" bullets in a fire? I can't remember his name but I'll never forget the awesome scar with weird hair where they had to replace a golf ball size piece of his right cheek where the bullet casing went through. In his mouth out his cheek. They had to graft skin off his leg so his beard never did look good enough to grow out. Wrong color and straight.

Oh yeah, there were quite a few guys suitable for octal. There was this thing about CO2 capsules for a while.

Frosty The Lucky.

Folks,

Hah!

The name "napalm" gives away the two main constituents of that incendiary.

That is the original concoction

Namely Naphthenic acid and palmitic acid. Actually it was aluminum salts of naphthenic acid.

The composition of napalm is not secret. It is well known.

Incidentally, It was developed at Harvard University, during World War Two, (1942),   By Doctor Fieser and associates, who developed the original mixture and subsequent improvements, such as napalm B.

SLAG.