I Forge Iron

Interesting things

#1, my fire pot still  has paint on the outside of it, despite 200 pounds of coal being used in it.  It's only about 3/16" thick.

#2, I usually end up with coke on the left, and coal on the right, even though I started out with green coal all the way around.

I dunno why, but that's the way it is. 

• 5 weeks later...

That's just a fire management thing, you'll lean to control that sort of thing after a while. Not a concern. Well make sure your air grate is clear and that the blower isn't directing the blast to one side or the other. Turn the blower very gently and introduce smoke into the blower. Smoldering news paper works well. A gentle air flow will show you where the bulk of the blast is directed. 

IF you're that interested, otherwise just use it, it's okay.

Frosty The Lucky.

There was a TV special a month or so back featuring folks cutting the spouse or kids hair. Pretty entertaining. 

To answer your question. Cutting hair isn't hard at all.;)

She'll forgive you once it grows out and can stop wearing a hood.:ph34r:

Frosty The Lucky.

Unfortunately, the idea of shaving your wife's head brings back some memories.  When my late wife lost her hair because of chemo she and our son were staying in Denver (I was at work in Ft. Morgan) and it started to come out in clumps.  They trimmed it very short, apparently laughing and saying, "Neither of us is drunk enough to be doing this."  I finished the job with my beard trimmer the next day.  It was sad because she had long brown hair below her shoulders.  However, the chemo gave us another 4 years.  Even after it grew out (much grayer) she kept it quite short in case we had to do it again.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

When I married my wife she had long hair; but when we started having kids she had it trimmed as she didn't have time enough to deal with it with babies in hand.  After they grew into adults she didn't go back; but her head, her hair.  I sometimes rag on her a bit when my hair is longer than hers. I've threatened to dye what's left of mine bright red and start scaring people as the insane ghost of Bozo the Clown!  (She said she'd help...)

I've had several friends where the whole family went to a buzz cut when one of them was on Chemo.  I'm glad you got that 4 extra years!

My ex-wife's brother shaved his head a few months ago when my niece had brain surgery. He plays drums in a band and his hair was about waist length. 

I got my last hair cut about 13 years ago when it got caught in a circular saw. My daughter says i wear a hat to cover the bald spot, she thinks i am embarrassed by it. If she ever had the bald spot sun burned she would know the reason for the hat. And now that i got me a five-head it helps there to. 

I had to Google it.:wacko:

On my second round of chemo, I took the dog clippers at the shortest setting to my hair that started falling out. Got to wear a durag for the remainder. When my hair grew back in it was basically white and my wife says it grew in all wack-o-weedo. She retired as a hairdresser (sold her shop) and has cut my hair for the past 20 years.

I haven’t had a store-bought haircut in about 46 years, my wife’s mother cut it while we were dating and after we married, my wife has cut it! When I had chemo, my hair/head started aching. We trimmed it down to 1/4” or so and for whatever reason it quit hurting!!! When it grew back, my hair grew back fine but still had color so I guess I’m lucky there!

Deb's best friend Cris in the UP had brain cancer and we all buzzed out heads when she buzzed hers. That was IIRC 2003 and I've been buzzed since. It's a LOT easier, I have sun screen and hats to keep weather off. 

Since having the shingles on my head my hair starts hurting longer than about 1/4" or so.

Frosty The Lucky.