I Forge Iron

Greetings from Seattle

Mattadur

Hey, my name is Matt and I'm pretty new to blacksmithing and my main interest is making knives, hammers, and axes. I'm still in the process of getting my shop setup right now but I can't wait to learn more about this community. Cheers!

Good Morning Matt,

You are in the heart of the North West Blacksmith Association. Check out blacksmith.org

Their home Forge is at Longview Fairground, but there are a huge amount of dedicated Blacksmiths in the Seattle area.

Welcome to this forum

Neil

Welcome aboard Matt, glad to have you. Hook up with the NWBA. Every hour working with an experienced smith is worth days trying to figure it out yourself and do NOT take anything you see on Youtube or one of the other video platforms as stated. A lot of the advice as seen is not only wrong it can be DANGEROUSLY wrong.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:37 PM, swedefiddle said:

You are in the heart of the North West Blacksmith Association. Check out blacksmith.org

On 5/10/2020 at 1:47 PM, Frosty said:

Hook up with the NWBA. Every hour working with an experienced smith is worth days trying to figure it out yourself

Thanks a lot, guys. I'll definitely check them out!