I Forge Iron

Prayer Request

Randy Griffin

Guys, I need your prayers again so bend a knee, ring the anvil or send knee mail. I'm going into surgery again in a few hours to remove more tumors from my bladder. This is the third time and with your prayers, maybe the last. I'm hoping one more round of treatments and I will be cancer free.

Thanks everyone. Surgery went well. The doc got all the tumors and some other stuff he couldn't have seen without the new technology he was using yesterday. Still in a lot of pain but got plenty of pills that help with that. 4 shots of morphine didn't knock it out completely yesterday but made me very nauseous last night. The continuous burning I've had for the last few months is gone this morning. Looking forward to getting back in the shop and see how long I can hold up now that it's gone. Of coarse that's at least a week away. Keep praying. I'll need it. I grow these tumors pretty fast.

• 5 weeks later...

Keep praying guys. Path report was not good. I will be going back in on June 12 for cystectomy. Good news is they can reconstruct a new bladder. Bad news is its a long recovery. I don't scare easily but this one has me worried. Prayers and friends help so say one for me.

• 2 weeks later...

We're getting down to the nitty gritty. I have to be at UAB at 5:00am tomorrow. Surgery could take 8-10 hours. In the hospital for a week. Recovery is 4-6 months. My nerves are shot. The anesthesia is going to be a blessing. I just want to wake up and it be over.

I need your prayers more than ever tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

Hope you don't mind if I think of it as in for repairs and upgrades. Nitty Gritty isn't very negative but let's stick with something positive okay? 

I'll be with you in prayer and spirit, brother. If your nerves start getting to you, think of me and one of the silly things I say. Even if you don't like puns you'll feel better mad at me than dwelling. I'll think up something truly atrocious for you to log back in to. :)

Be well Brother, we're pulling for you.

Frosty The Lucky.

I always seem to look forward to the anesthesia too.  May it go so well that the Dr is calling in all his colleagues to brag about it! May the recovery go so fast that they are still trying to get the insurance caught up before they release you.  May you get back to living your life, fast and pain free.

My prayers go with you!

Thomas