I Forge Iron

I'm back... for better or worse

Been gone for a bit. Had some ups and downs. Got a 250Gal LP tank for free. Still haven't really done anything for my forge. Been creepin still. Plans have changed. Still got the 2600* blanket, trying to find a local supplier to get stuff from. Bought a 55 lb ASO to bang around on, using charcoal atm. Just jacking around. Want to build a NARB (frosty). Not many local resources that I've found and only web I get is on my phone. New forge plan is 6×18 inner flame faces probably 4-6 high, mostly blades and tools for now. Still need to do some kind of power hammer.... haven't been able to get much done. But I finally have some time. So gonna be working on a lot. Most of my tools have dissapeared so I'll probably be using channel locks for a bit.... tweakers even snagged my 4-wheeler about 6 months ago. But yeah... back to it.  Anyone in the NC ARK/SC Missouri area got locals to get refractories through or is it pretty much web these days?