I Forge Iron

Grumpy Thomas

ThomasPowers

You can get a DVD of the whole procedure here, ANY procedure in fact. 

IIRC They found two really small polyps in my first colonoscopy and none in my second. Said I'm good to go for 10 yrs and they're developing a blood test. DARN, if I don't need a third I won't be Bummed . . . By a doctor! :D

Frosty The Lucky.

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

I came to during my first colonoscopy and started making wise cracks till the gas passer put me back under. I

I woke up during a catheter procedure on my heart for Wolfe Parkinson's White disease. They were performing an ablation on an electrical pathway in my heart and I sat straight up and started wrestling with the doctors. It was the weirdest thing. I woke up to with no idea where I was and it literally looked like a TV scriptwriters idea of an alien abduction. I was nude on a table with a bright light in my eyes and man shaped silhouettes above me lol.  I had horrible bruising from my groin to about halfway up my stomach from the catheter tubes that were fed into the blood vessels on either side of my groin. I'm sure I scared the surgeon. I sat bolt upright out of nowhere. I wish I had footage of it. 

Pnut

The first time I had general anesthesia, I had no break in consciousness or any sense of fading or going to sleep. I just heard the tech saying , "Okay, we're going to give you the injection in five, four, three, okay, it's time to wake up."

That's how it's supposed to work. I've been put under for other things, like setting broken bones and have no memory past the injection until I woke up after the procedure. I think when the ablation was done I was only put into a twilight state. I remember the injection and waking up not knowing where I was or what was happening. It's actually a pretty dangerous situation. Things could have went much worse.

Pnut

My wife needs a couple of surgeries; but she has sleep apnea  and they don't want her to go under.  However the issues are impacting her life quite a bit and something needs to be done besides advising a sedentary lifestyle!

Finally got a full night's sleep and not feeling like I was drug backwards through a fractal edged knothole.

A perforation in the intestines may not manifest in the intestines. They are heavily vascularized but it's all on the outside so a poke may have broken a vessel which bled entirely into her abdominal cavity. Am I close Slag? 

The times I've been put under general I was watching a nurse putting a needle in my drip and I came to in recovery. The first time when I had my tonsils out I got to count backwards but that was in the '60s, right after they stopped just clubbing you unconscious.

Oh thank you so much Thomas, now I'm going to be envisioning fractal knotholes the rest of the day! I highly recommend none of the rest of you jump down that fractal rabbit hole. Either fractal rabbit or hole!

Oh crap I did it to MYSELF! :o

Frosty The Lucky.