Sign in to follow this  
Binesman

Gas forge prices

I don't want to say to much without first speaking with the admin of the site.  However I'd like to hear from you guys if you think these prices are fair.  2x2x9 chamber for 175 4x4x9 chamber for 225 and a 8x4x9 chamber for 250.  All 3 capable of reaching forge welding, all of them come with everything needed (burner/shell/regulater) but they do need assembled (takes about an hour)  Do you guys believe those are fair prices (and I know everyone here tends to build there own but think back to before you knew how to)

Need more details; what/how much insulation?  (If fiberous is it sealed?) What is the shell made from? Construction? Is the interior flux resistant---if you plan to weld in it. (And how resistant if you plan to weld a lot in it...)

And before I knew how nobody was selling propane forges; so I went to 2 forge building workshops put on by an ABANA affiliate and built NA and FA forges.

Trying to get away from kaowool.  Cant see it being to long before its banned here like in EU.  Construction is 4/6/8 k28 firebricks bonded together using a 3k furnace cement.  Chamber will be matrikote coated (a pint goes with each kit so enough for some repairs as well.)  the shell will be removable to change bricks out and make repairs as they become necessary.  It will be 2 U shaped 20gauge pieces of sheet metal that will slide together to create the shell.  Held in place by a piece of angle iron running all 4 edges tightened on both x and y access.  Na 1/2" 2x2x9 and a 3/4" on the two larger forges.  0-20 psi regulator and 4 ft hose included.  Standard brick size 4.5x2.5x9

You are on the nose Thomas.  I'm looking in to setting up a forge kit business.  Was looking for advice on my pricing.  Did not want to mention to much in to it because I'm not trying to push for sales im looking for opinions and advice from respected peers.

Are you going to do this as a hobby, for supplementary income, or try to make a good living?