I Forge Iron

Plumbing to a forge

jason0012

I have always run my forges from bottled gas supplies through a propane rated hose. Now I am looking at permanent installation in my shop with a 1000 gallon tank outside. It is currently plumbed for the hvac only. I am going to need to run a branch line to run the forges, either copper or iron pipe from what I can tell code is indifferent. What I am a bit fuzzy on is the connection between the hard line and forge. Am I ok using the rubber hose, or is there something better? ( more legal) I se absolutely no mention of hose at all in the code aside from the metal flex hose used for residential appliances. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking iron pipe outside, parallel to  the low pressure, with a branch through the wall where the forges will be. It should T off the line before the low pressure, and inside the wall have a shut off and regulator for each branch, then the forge hoses will tie into the regulator on the inside. Am I missing anything?