Sign in to follow this  
KingAether

Something for the fantasy fans

"In the Northlands, beleaguered by the ever-encroaching Ice and the marauding Ekwesh, a young cowherd, Alv, saved from the raiders by the mysterious Mastersmith, discovers in himself and uncanny power to shape metal - but it is a power that may easily be turned to evil ends, and on a dreadful night Alv flees the Mastersmith, and embarks on the quest to find both his own destiny, and a weapon that will let him stand against the Power of the Ice."
81800748_1539650786175839_3038231664435134464_n.jpg.3b4d747a177447911709512ab4f2d0e1.jpg
Found these two in a charity shop today, haven't read them so can't give a review right now but i'm sure my partner will only take a few days to blast through new books in the house so i will edit an update soon.

It's from the Winter of the World series. There is at least one more in the series. I will post the name if I can find it when I get home. I really enjoyed them. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I've read some of his other books in a different series (Spiral) and greatly enjoyed his prose.  I look forward to reading these.