I Forge Iron

Long awaited addition to the shop.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

Do you buy steel that melts on the rain or something?

It's the or something. I melt in the rain while carrying all that steel leaning against the walls we want to paint. When I suggested my wife help carry, she just snorted and said you are the one who piled it up there. I did get a lot moved before we started on the trim, so I could set up the 24ft extension ladder.:ph34r:

Yeah, me too. If the water isn't good and warm I adjust it or get out of the shower and towel off. It's been too many years since I could work in the rain all day and not snivel. 

We all know sugar isn't the only thing that dissolves in water Thomas. :rolleyes:

Frosty The Lucky.

After carrying about 900 pounds of steel last Saturday, I was done in. We painted the trim on Thursday & Friday. Monday Debi had a dentist appointment in Rogers about 60 miles away. On the way home, she called me to say the 2003 Vibe had stopped moving like the transmission wouldn't go into gear, around half way home. Time to call a wrecker to go get her and tow it to a local transmission shop. I met them there and the wrecker driver started the car and backed it off the wrecker, she said it drove up on the wrecker too????. Found out the Vibe has something called "limp-mode" which allows the car to be driven at a reduced speed (30mph) to get it off the road or to a repair shop all you have to do is shut the engine down and re-start it. Haven't heard from the shop yet as to what's wrong.

Today we started painting the west side of the shop/garage, got about 3/4 of it finished, before it got too hot to continue, gonna look great when it's all done.

All done with the west side. I can tell you that I have a new found respect for folks that paint buildings for a living. I learned a lot about painting in the USCG 50+ years ago and even considered painting for a living when I got out. Phew sure glad that didn't happen.

Before:

20200806_173036.thumb.jpg.f9e5009b995a226849a67a6ade35c516.jpg

After:

100_2130.thumb.JPG.0a80fd96628fe515c4897d82d73c58e6.JPG

Looks good!  We had a rule at our house...I painted the outside, wife painted the inside.  Her being an artist, I walked in one day and she was painting door trim with a 1/2" artist's flat brush....I about lost it over that.

But you WISELY held your piece. Yes? 

On 8/15/2020 at 12:55 PM, Irondragon ForgeClay Works said:

After:

Looks great. I'll bet you didn't paint it like you painted in the USCG did you? How's the old saying go? If it moves, salute it, if it doesn't, paint it.

Frosty The Lucky.