Irondragon Forge & Clay

Long awaited addition to the shop.

I enjoy standing in my metal roofed smithy and listening to the rain on it. Of course out here we usually get rainfalls measured in the hundredths of an inch, a quarter inch is considered a "good rain".

On 1/8/2020 at 5:03 AM, pnut said:

Glad to see you posting again Chris. 

Thanks.

We have numbers or buildings with steel roofs.   I love the sound of a hard rain, sleet and such hitting it. Another little joy is when sleet hits it when its a slow sleet shower.. you get the hit of the sleet, then the hearing of it sliding down the steel.. 

Neat sound. 

Hail gets to be a bit loud. We probably get more hail than snow and sleet down here.  To the good, a bad hail storm results in a lot of roof repairs---the side walls of my shop extension were originally a hail damaged steel roof from a co-worker's house and I'm hunting for more for the planned "carport extension".

I like the sound of the rain on the metal roof of my shop. Except when the wind is blowing hard. Which it does a lot here. Evidently, there's a loose panel somewhere and it makes an awful, flapping noise. We need to fix it and that would be that. 

The contractor is all done. Got the roof shingled just in time too. The weather turned to typical Ozark weather, started Friday with rain, which turned to sleet Friday night then to snow Saturday with freezing rain mixed in for a coating of ice about a 1/8 inch coating. The good thing is the addition is weather tight no leaks in the roof yea. Today it's all melting off and the rocks have turned to mud. The garage door is supposed to be here this week and the mud will have turned back into rocks. :D

Sounds like a perfect "Oh Shoot, can't drive anywhere today; so I guess I will go out and spend the time in the shop...." day to me.

Well the weather has delayed the door folks so it's scheduled for next week. Or as is typical here when they get a rountuit.:lol: Been planning the electric, which I'll get put in the same way.

You must be getting what we have here. Lots of rain and cold one day, warm the next. Humidity through the roof on the warm days. 

The garage door folks showed up today as scheduled. I really didn't expect them because of the weather. This morning at 0600hr the temperature was 16° F with sleet falling. By 0730hr the sleet changed to snow and the temperature was up to 32° F which then turned into rain. The door installer arrived around 1000hr and had the door installed by 1300hr. Axle has given his mark of approval.:)

100_2092.thumb.JPG.38b711075ea7744802d5f9ba9e3d634e.JPG

Now my work begins. Remove the half wall and rearrange or get rid of 30+ years of accumulation and junk. Finish the dirt work/landscaping. Then paint the whole shop/garage in the spring.

100_2093.thumb.JPG.50c3f0e47666315c0b441f7f856a756e.JPG