I Forge Iron

What did you get for Christmas 2019 ?

Christmas: I mounted a towel rack right outside our shower so I didn't drip on the floor getting to the one I used to use. (Request from SWMBO) I also installed an oak shelf running between the 8' tall bookcases that flank the french doors into the great room and put my stein collection on it leaving more shelf space for SWMBO.  Then SWMBO told me I was going to the ER whether I liked it or not and stayed the 14 hours overnight in an uncomfortable chair by my side. My step daughter was also in an ER in Arkansas; we should have coordinated the visits...old family joke that it's not really a holiday until someone has been to an ER!

I always say, it's not a holiday until the chef gets burned!

Lisa gave me a copy of Antonello Rizzo's "Secrets of the Forge" and intimated that she'd probably get me "The Blacksmith's Project Book" for my birthday. (I got her a knitting planner and a book about how yarn is made.)

Oh Thomas, I am truly sorry to hear that. I'll remember the family in prayers. It's hard losing someone anytime, but the holidays makes it all the harder. This flu here is nasty stuff. They were saying the vaccine isn't working this year. I just know it's affected a large number of people in our area. 

Well the vaccine is based on what they GUESS the main strain of flu will be in our "flu season" early in the year based on what they are seeing in Asia so they have enough time to develop it and distribute it.  Sometimes they guess wrong. Often even wrong will still help some.  After reading about the Spanish Flu in 1918 and having had pneumonia a couple of times I try to get vaccinated every year anyway. (Because of the Diabetes I am in the "strongly suggested" category already.)  His Funeral is tomorrow and my wife is coordinating the reception at our church afterwards.

Everybody TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES!