I Forge Iron

Steel suppliers

jason0012

19 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

shoot we're smiths we'll let most anyone in!

I would have assumed everyone would have been able to keep the door in good condition, hinges and all to keep the hooligans out!

3 hours ago, SinDoc said:

and all to keep the hooligans out!

Are you CRAZY? The Hooligan are running, folk are lining the prime spots along Turnagain arm netting the yummy little things. I'm not crazy about boiled Hooligan but fried crispy . . . Mmmmmm. 

I can bring an aloha shirt but if I wore leiderhosen I'd be arrested or banned for unpleasant exposure.

I've got my fingers crossed for this or next year.

Frosty The Lucky.

17 hours ago, SinDoc said:

have been trying to find a place to get tool steel, whether is A2, O1, W2, it doesn't matter.

Have you tried Metal Supermarket in Cincinnati or the place I use is about thirty minutes south of Cincinnati in Walton Kentucky. It's called Boone Steel. They sell drops and do business with the public (non commercial buyers) on Saturdays. They have tool steel like O1 and W2. 

Pnut

If you get down to Northern Kentucky the place I mentioned will have some. You can call them and I'm sure they'd let you stop by any day of the week. They just don't like people walking around the racks during the week when they have lots of fork lift traffic. 

Pnut

Sinsdoc, when i get to work tonight i will ask if i can get a list of local steel suppliers. I know there are a couple that specialize in tool steel, however i do not know if they are open to the public. Local for us will include the Columbus area, we get stock from all over the country. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/19/2021 at 7:04 AM, SinDoc said:

I have tried the Metal Supermarkets in Columbus, but no luck there. I swung by Alro Steel yesterday as well and no luck there either sadly.

Have you tried McMaster? they carry a good selection of tool steels, ship *very* fast and their prices aren't terrible. Much better than most online suppliers. I'm about half an hour from one of their warehouses and I get orders placed before 11:00 am same day, usually at my door around 3:00pm.

Edited by Mod34
Commercial link removed per TOS