pnut

Australian wildfires

I hope the membership living in areas affected by the wildfires ravaging parts of Australia find themselves, their families, and property safe. My heart goes out to those who have not been as lucky and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Try to stay safe and keep us posted. 

Pnut

Down under folks,

Best wishes and good luck.

(Advance Australia fair).

SLAG.

Been speaking with higher for all folks in the line of fires.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you for your thoughts folks. We go through this every year, and it is never easier. 

Bushfires have been part of our landscape for millenia, however lately they have been a sad political football. 

Photo opportunity for the politicians, podium for the deranged and the lunatic who want to send us back to the caves. 

The human cost, be it loss of life, assets and lifelong memories can no be replaced. 

The risk all involved are subject to, the body and soul scars, that never go away. 

Then you read once again that 50% and probably more are deliberately lit.

A few of my family members are in the fire brigade. So far so good.

We were at the riverhouse at the peak of the danger yet all we saw was smoke, thankfully. I have all the equipment to fight amber attack, but if the fire goes over the hill behind the house I know that is a battle I can not win. Our escape route is in the boat, and down the river. Family and pets all aboard. 

Most are not so lucky to have a safe escape route, in fact a lot of fatalities are due to no planing, or criminal negligence  by the councils who in their greed allow building in completely unsuitable areas with no escape and surrounded by trees that can not be cleared thanks to the green policies. It is madness yet authorities get away with it time and time again. 

Only when people in authority will start facing courts and be sentenced for criminal negligence or conspiracy will this lunacy stop. What comes next, as clockwork is the letter from the insurance company stating higher costs due to "acts of God" and the inevitable premium increase.  

Spare a thought for Moony, who lives on a rural property at Burke's Hill.

Quote from the NSW Rural Fire Service website ("Fires Near Me"):

The bush fire is burning through the Tallaganda National Park, west of Braidwood. The fire is over 15,600 hectares in size and is being controlled.

Current Situation

• The North Black Range fire is currently burning in the Tallaganda National Park, and to the west and south west of Braidwood.
  • To the south east of the fireground, fire activity has increased around Burkes Crossing and Burkes Hill near the Shoalhaven River.
  • To the north east of the fireground, fire activity has increased around Columbo Creek.
  • Fire activity has increased as strong winds are impacting the fire ground.

Currently there are 170 separate fires burning in NSW alone.

Moony and all Aussies in the way of the fire are on the list.  We wish them well.

Just talked to Moony , fires to the east and west of him about 2 KMS  from his property , packed and ready to leave if he has to . Moving equipment away from the w/shop as I was talking to him . Wil call him tomorrow to see how he went . Dale Russell

A bush fire is burning in the Wollemi National Park area. The fire is more than 196,890 hectares in size and is being controlled.

Current Situation

• The fire is burning in the Wollemi and Yengo National Parks, and Parr State Recreation areas.
  • A number of new fires have been detected after extensive lightning storms during the past week.
  • Backburning operations continue where conditions allow to strengthen containment lines.
  • A new fire ignited by lightning is burning to the east of the Macdonald River, the Three Mile fire, in the Old Great North Road area and is being controlled.

• The first picture is fires in the state of NSW, the second picture is closer to home.
  • The shaded area is the area that is burning
  • It is going to be a long summer. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 3.19.34 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 3.23.02 pm.png

Dale Russell, so glad to see you on here and Safe at the moment and your report on Moony.  Often think of you guys esp. since the chat room seems to have gone away, miss you guys. 

Don't get on IFI as often as I did life seems to be dragging me hollering, kicking and screaming in 20 directions since retiring and returning to the home farm.  Now the first major snowstorm of the season started couple hours ago will slow things up more. 

Great to see you on here Dale best to your and yours this holiday season. 

Dale Johnson