fatboy73

what kind of anvil do i have

Welcome aboard...

Hard to tell with just those 2 pictures. It looks like Brooklyn NY on the side to me. If so I'd say a Hay Budden. Some more pictures, full view both sides and a picture of the underside of the base may help. Also knowing where in the world you are located, hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show location in this thread. READ THIS FIRST

Dust some baby powder or flour on to the anvil and gently brush away some of it leaving the lettering exposed. Another way to bring out the information is to put a thin piece of paper over the lettering and rum it with a pencil.

A strong light aimed from a low angle will sometimes cast shadows into the low spots.

You may need to do all three methods and then combine the results.  

13 minutes ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Hard to tell with just those 2 pictures. It looks like Brooklyn NY on the side to me. If so I'd say a Hay Budden.

i will take so more pictures

20191111_212202[1].jpg

20191111_212142[1].jpg

20191111_212137[1].jpg

20191111_212122[1].jpg

20191111_212130[1].jpg

20191111_212021[1].jpg

Yah the NY is a dead give away; does it have the typical HB hourglass indentation in the base?  You didn't include a picture of the base which is often a clear pointer to what type of American anvil it may be.