I Forge Iron

Wreck Wrought Iron?

ThomasPowers

Lots of other old wrecks that are much more accessible. I was able to get some wrought bolts from an old steam engine after a rebuild. I haven't tried it yet. Going to make a tomahawk with an old file for the edge.

I'm a certified diver but haven't done it for years. Also, trained in underwater welding/cutting and salvage. Again that was too many years ago. 

Hark,  I.F.I.  denizens,

SLAG industries Inc.  has just chanced upon the latest reportage of developments of the celebrated wrought iron barge of Niagara Falls.

(okay  it's 24 hours old but still relevant).

The Niagara Parks Commission and the exalted   Canadian Broadcasting Corporation  (C.B.C.)  have produced a new video of the dramatic relocation of the said barge.

This video was taken by a drone.  (a new technological marvel).

SLAG and the rest of the 'industrials' give this video a gripping rating.

Judge it for yourself,  at,

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/falls-barge-moves-update-1.5350475

Respectfully submitted,

SLAG.

(Panjandrum  in  Chief).

I've heard that the problem with not being able to see hydrogen burn has recently been solved. All that's needed is the latest  version of VR glasses. 

As we all know,,, anything and everything is avalable and real,,, thanks to V.R....

Missive to   Mr. T. Powers,

The SLAG.  relinquished the exalted title and position of  "Lord High Executioner", many years ago.

It did not pay as well in Ontario, Canada,  as it did in the old country.

Indeed, Canada has abolished the death penalty, several years back.

It had something to do with no effective judicial review for those that were subsequently to be innocent, after the fact. (i.e. the sanguinary sanction).

Apparently,  An official "I'm sorry",  proved to be inadequate,  for the next of kin.

Besides,  U.S. immigration sent me a green card and I relocated to join the Marvelous Marg, upon our union (with benefit of clergy).

Blacksmithing has proved to be far more satisfying than the,  former,  smiting of miscreants.

But you,   Mr. T.P.,   may call me Pange for short.

Truly yours,

SLAG.

Uh, not that I'm against a good derail but much to my surprise I realize I know how to salvage that barge! Iforge has about 50,000 members, of which the cool ones are following this thread with bated breath, so how about we each buy: a drone, a fishing magnet near the drone's lifting capacity and a couple hundred feet of strong line. Then using the IFI chat room we remote fly our drones to the barge, stick our magnets to it and fly it home.

Hmmmm?

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm in. Do you think we should notify the local authorities or embark on a commando mission under the cover of darkness?  Any upstate NY members have a place to land it that won't draw too much attention?

A swarm of 50,000 little Wal-Mart drones moving a barge would be a sight to behold. 

What do you think the local meteorologists would make out of that radar return?

Pnut

Edited by pnut

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

Uh, not that I'm against a good derail but much to my surprise I realize I know how to salvage that barge! Iforge has about 50,000 members, 

Spoken like a true Wile E. Coyote. B) If only you could have found a way to incorporate dynamite! Once you've hammered out the details to include high explosives I'm in, but only if I can ride the lead drone!

Herr Jerry, and  Mr. Twisted,

And Mr. W. E. Coyote:   dynamite sticks are a clumsy and unnecessarily wasteful procedure. 

SLAG suggests using small diameter shape charge ribbon to make the necessary cuts through the wrought iron.

You may be able to purchase it,   cheap, at the nearest army surplus store  or local C.I.A. distressed goods shoppe.

SLAG.

Decisions decisions. Explosives are optional though I don't think we should be using them ON the barge but loosening it from boulders is a must. What were you saying about Canadian authorities Slag?

How about we surprise Theo Naz? Just drop in Wednesday evening, that's his open forge night IIRC. 

Meteorologists? Let's worry them when we get around to meteors. Wait a second. . . radar . . .  large fluid cloud of returns . . . Sky write on their radar? :o A Swarmaphone? The Iforge Iron Swarmaphone! We could sell advertising space! :D 

This is getting better and better! B)

Frosty The Lucky.

Twisted, ride it like in Dr Strangelove? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0)

The question would be: which house to transport it to?   Mine is a tad beyond the battery life of most drones...

John, (JHCC), would doubtless have something trenchent to say in Upper Lower Middle Etruscan Linear Q if we dropped it off at his place *and* if he headed to the closest border it would be the wrong one...

Slag is doubtless labouring under his secret identity until his cape gets back from the cleaners.

Frosty is also a long long way and trying to stay out of our northern neighbor's air space would make it longer.

JLP is in the middle of a shop build.

And Glenn is already bemoaning his fate that led him to associate with *us*! 

36 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

John, (JHCC), would doubtless have something trenchent to say in Upper Lower Middle Etruscan Linear Q if we dropped it off at his place

Would't bother me, but Lisa might a thing or two to say in fluent North Carolinian.

• 1 month later...