Gottcha! I didn't know the term but I'm familiar with the basics. Almost anything can out run a human but a human can walk anything into the ground if s/he's "persistent." I don't think I've ever heard a term applied though I've read about it enough times. 

Thanks for lifting my dimness a little. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

You just have to be able to keep the animals pace above a walk. I've read accounts of San Bushmen in Africa keeping up the chase for 8-10 hours before the animal collapsed.

Pnut

Having a group is even better: everyone can walk/jog along, and the faster runners can take turns harrying the quarry. 

The ways canines do it. The pack moseys along while the runners keep the prey moving, switching out regularly. Experienced packs run the prey in circles so the resting pack can cut the chord and replace the runners more frequently. It's a better economy of food vs. labor. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I was going to mention African painted dogs. They are amazing long distance runners. They are built for long distance chases. I love them, too bad they're about gone. 

Pnut

Plus, they’re really cute.