I Forge Iron

new source of nozzle's

bertie_bassett

it was a little crooked in the last pic as i was only giving the damaged nozzle a run for fun. All the others were aligned as perfectly as possible.

tbh for the moment  i have lost interest in further testing, i only really wanted to get a burner running well enough for the forge.  There is little point in me swapping things out and making adjustments if i don't know how to interpret which flame is better.

maxing out this burner with a 3d printer nozzle would be nice to show what can be achieved but i'm not the man to do it if it is even possible.

It is possible.  I took a 3/4"(0.824" actual ID) burner which used a mig tip and increased it's performance by going to a 3D printer nozzle.  

If you are over it and just want to forge, try your burner as is.  Post pictures of the flame in the forge and we can try to help tune it the best it can be. 

If you need/want to go to new build, try a recipe burner.  The easiest is the Frosty T.  This will reduce the tinkering required so you can get to smiting your metal.

If you are playing with a gas forge, learning to interpret flame is helpful.  The difference between a tuned burner and an out of tune burner can be dramatic.  A difference in forge/flame temperature, dragons breath, fuel consumption and carbon monoxide production.