I Forge Iron

OK, here goes

Shoot; drop kick that survive---we want you to THRIVE.  Sure some things will have to change; but there's a lot of that going on as we age. One smith I know just got a pacemaker/defibrillator since the last time I saw him---I asked if an induction forge was now off his list.  He said they didn't mention that with him; but he was going to play it safe.  Me, I have an insulin pump keeping me alive. Had to change out the reservoir and set this morning. 

One thing to keep in mind is to NOT be ashamed of anything.  My last two jobs I got with my insulin pump hanging on my belt with the tubing going up my shirt.  They never batted an eye.

I've learned that I could forge things like arrowheads sitting down, wanted to be sure I could continue if I ever lose a leg...  So folks may want to get a sitting set up together if they won't be up and about for a while.

I'm sure you know that P.M.A. is one of the most important things.  Having something you want to do helps also. Forging has been one of the most beneficial things I could have done as far as getting my body,mind, and spirit back on the road to recovery besides starting to work again. It did wonders for my mental health not to mention getting back into shape after a few years of no real physical activity. I think having a job to go to kept my mother alive longer than had she retired. I think having responsibility and purpose does wonders for people. My mom had squamous cell carcinoma and beat it. She was finally laid low by a case of the flu in the beginning of 2018. Seems ironic she defeated cancer and was killed by a cold but I'm drifting. 

Blacksmithing has given me something to aspire to, learn about and do that I enjoy and can't get enough of. Hopefully it will do the same for you. It's something you never know everything about no matter how long or hard you work and study. One of the best things for regaining your health is having something you want to do tomorrow.  I'm glad you're feeling better and if you need anything shoot me a PM and I'll do whatever I can to help. 

Oh yeah in case you didn't know P.M.A. means positive mental attitude.  It sounds ridiculous but positivity really works wonders.  

Keep up the good fight and get that forge lit. I'm pulling for you.

Pnut

On 10/29/2019 at 2:46 PM, Randy Griffin said:

My dream hunt was always to take one with my longbow. I was a lot younger and healthier back then. I've heard the meat is very good.

Yeah, moose are the most dangerous animal in Alaska next to a teenager texting behind the wheel of course. Oh yeah, it's very lean, sort of like beef but more so. Hard to describe but it's darned good eating, never hurts to toss a rasher of bacon in the pan.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Charles R. Stevens said:

Yep, none of you belive us when we tell you can get to much air...

Yeah Charles, you tells em and tells em, sends em to school and they eat the apple and scare the teacher. 

Reminds me of me when I look back.

Frosty The Lucky.

I had some moose in Anvik in the summer of 1987. Very beef-like, but with a strong gamey flavor. 

4 hours ago, Randy Griffin said:

I got a lot done on the jabod today. This thing rocks.

Good-looking JABOD, Randy. Keep up the good work!

15 hours ago, JHCC said:

I had some moose in Anvik in the summer of 1987. Very beef-like, but with a strong gamey flavor.

Moose usually isn't very gamy unless: it's been run, or poorly field dressed or the fat hasn't been trimmed off. Moose fat goes rancid quickly for some reason, even frozen.

Frosty The Lucky.

Never had moose before. I had an elk burger. Buffalo is better though. Deer is good is if it's made right. I'm not crazy about the gamey flavor.  I have a friend that cooks deer a lot as they are big into bow hunting. You'd never know it was wild game the way she cooks it.