I Forge Iron

Thanks all. I just picked up some bar stock to make the simple tongs. I hope to have time this evening to fire up the forge and whip them out. 

Already cut to length and have the holes drilled. I still need to breakup my charcoal into small pieces. That will only take a few minutes. 

If you need quick tongs, try the "Dempsey twist" tongs.  Google it.  It may be on the Anvil Fire website, too.  Those are for heavier tongs, say, using 3/8" x 1".  You twist one tong half at a time...too hard to double twist the 3/8" thick stuff.

Yeah, I've been trying to stop saying, "sweat like a hog or pig" for years a pretty harmless gotcha and I gotta keep myself amused somehow. :ph34r:

Sometimes after I've already piped in on a subject like this I remember the last actual training where heat stroke, dehydration, etc. were covered is longer ago than I want to think about. 

Everybody take my statements with a grain of salt or medi-lyte tablet, I don't think a grain of salt is near enough.

Frosty The Lucky.

I like dill pickles. I think that may be a match made in heaven. 

I tried to start my tongs last night. Unfortunately one I started my first heat. The wind started blowing. I did not want to burn my backyard or neighbors houses down. So out went the fire.