Sachem Hill

Are these blacksmith tools?

The items in the second photo appear to have been made by a blacksmith. The thing on top looks like a hitch of some sort. I'm sure you can find a way to use it for blacksmithing though.

Pnut

Here's another view of the first pic. I was hoping it was a swage block in the 2nd pic. It says BM&Z 227 on it.

0709191847d_HDR.jpg

Welcome to IFI! If you haven't yet, please READ THIS FIRST!!!

The block in the second photo isn't a swage block per se, but could come in very handy as a bolster for punching holes.

The thing in the first picture looks like it goes on a train, large ship or heavy equipment. I am very curious about what it is but I'm just guessing, I have no idea what it actually is. 

Interesting thought, Steve. You're thinking two of these would hold three spokes each and then bolt together around an axle?

Yes sir, this is one half of it.  Maybe even for a water wheel or wind mill.   the base looks like it mates to an axle and the smaller radians clamp to arms

I agree; gets my vote.

Could it have anything to do with trains or mining? This is in upstate NY and I believe there used to be a hotel and railroad in the area and someone mentioned a mine. Thank you all for your responses!!

The only thing that's possibly a tool is the rectangular block on the right in the secind pic.  Has hints of dovetails like a power hammer die, but it's missing the rest of the power hammer (grin).  Would need closeups and a spark test to be sure, and with the holes in it value and use is minimal even if it's a die. The rest of it is chain accesories, lifting hardware, and some draft animal harness parts.  

The item in the first picture has the letter K raised a little proud of the surrounding surface.

The item is basically hollow, so it would difficult to forge but not at all hard to cast  so it must have been cast in an iron foundry, not forged by a blacksmith.