I Forge Iron

Hello from Northeast Pennsylvania.

beersie7

Hello, My Name Is Jason, I'm from Moscow Pa. (Northeast of Scranton) I've just started the journey of learning the art of forging. I come from a long line of smith's and hoping to live up to the family skill. Sadly the man to teach me personally(grandfather) passed away before I was a glimmer in my daddy's eye. So now I'm hoping to connect on here with the many knowledgeable men and women, and even perhaps find someone local to sit under the learning tree with.  Thanks for having me, look forward to learning from you all.

Thank you Glenn, I've done some looking but the ones i found seemed to be out of my area by quite a bit. But I'm gonna do some more searching. There was one about an hour away in Florida, New York I believe. But a friend of mine that went there said they moved to Pittsburgh.

Welcome aboard beersie. You found the best forum to learn. I'm in southwestern Pa. 

There are blacksmiths all over Pa. A lot of them travel a bit to get to meets, so talking with a group, you may find someone more local to you. Learning first hand is great, there are also lots of threads here to help you get started. 

Dont forget to read this first. https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/53873-read-this-first/

Welcome Beersie. I'm in mid- east PA, just below Allentown. I'm part of the PABA group Glenn mentioned. We have an event just n of Reading in Aug, and the Oct meeting is in a professional shop in Stroudsburg. Info is on the website, www.pabasite.org. The vp of the group is in Lake Ariel. If you feel like cruising down to exit 44 of the NE Extension give me a yell and I'll light a fire.

Steve