I Forge Iron

Forge ID

killbox21

I believe Forgemaster is a good call. A friend of mine has been using one for probable 35+ years, shoing horses and general blacksmithing. Good forges. Typically he gets it hot then shuts off one burner for general forging and demos.

Good score. Nice looking ulu.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks everyone. I also found a valley brand forge that looks similar, except that it has a door on the back.

I did find another leak right where it goes into the tank, so I won't be able to see what it's really got until I replace that. 

Replace the O ring on the tank fitting and take a good look at it. People tend to over tighten them and they get distorted, especially if they don't wipe them off first.  Is it the hose or regulator that's leaking? Believe it or not replacing the regulator is cheaper than the hose. 

Nice forge, good score.

Frosty The Lucky.

Since no place around here had a 9/16 fitting for the needle valve, I had the auto parts guy make me up a hydraulic line and got it going. No leaks, let it run about 15 minutes wide open. 

Any downside to this? He said the hose was rated for 5100 psi. So I don't see that being an issue. 

20190705_102333.jpg

20190705_102116.jpg