I Forge Iron

HELP rivet forge repair

masonred

I'm new to blacksmithing and never worked on a blower. If the description is vague or wrong terms used its the best I can do. I did search for diagrams or pictures with no luck.

I have a lever operated blower rivet forge. It was locking up but would work fine after the big wheel was rotated a little. Thinking it needed cleaning and to inspect internal parts I disassembled. Cleaned and put together then the problem. When the lever is pushed down the wheel doesn't spin but does when the lever goes down ( has to be hand pushed) so I reversed the 3 pieces inside with the same result. The only thing I think that could be put together wrong is the 3 pieces pictured. 

Any help is appreciated, I've got lots of good information and read some humorous post here. Let me know what if any specific pictures  would help. 

inside.jpg

forge.jpg

Never mind gremlins gone

I gave the parts another blast of PB then light lube, assembled as I remembered and wear marks looks aligned. Tried by hand and it worked, put into frame, belt on and all good. 

Doesn't seem like a little extra cleaning would matter. Go figure!