I Forge Iron

Do all grinding belts have a noticeable seam?

I've purchased belts from a couple of different places and all of them seem to have a raised/thicker section where at the seam that causes a "bump" when you're grinding.  I understand why there is a seam I'm wondering if there are degrees of noticeable seems.  It's like a mini speed bump every time the seam goes by when I'm grinding something.  Is this a trait of every brand of abrasive belts or are there options out there that don't have as thick of a seam.  

I know of 3 types of belt seams: Lap---cheapest belts most bump only run in one direction. Butt seamed----better grades less bump can run either direction. Finally the no seam, no bump, bi-directional belts like the plastic backed micron belts.

In general you gets whats youse pays for.  When you start using expensive belts you start doing things like cleaning the scale of *first* as scale eats belts...

I have not yet located any belts that truly have no seam.  I have used some of the big name belts which are supposed to be of the highest quality.  For coarser grits there is very little to no noticeable bump on those.  However, at the finer grits (400 and up) I haven't found anything yet that really has no bump at all when the seam goes by on a flat platen.  Some are better than others to be sure, but I would also like to find belts (at least at the higher grits) that are made in such a way that they have no seam or where the seam is unnoticeable when using a flat platen.