I Forge Iron

Off and runnin'!

Chris C

Well, I sent a money order off today for all the "stuffin's" for my gas forge.  That's the first concrete step towards joining in on all the fun.  The commitment has been made.............now lets see what kind of a forge I can build.

Adjusting your burner(s) so that its/their output  travels around the inner circumference of your gas forge distributes heat more evenly; this is generally referred to as "swirl".

Swirling Storm clouds AKA tornados are sometimes called twisters.

This atmospheric phenomena is not unknown in Central Oklahoma lately. 

Q.E.D.?

Chris: We discuss the pros and cons of induced vortices in the forge chamber in "Forges 101". Vortex, swirl or twister it all refers to how the flame circulates in the forge chamber. Thomas maybe thought you'd done some more reading in Forges 101 than you have or have followed. 

Directing the flame from a given burner dictates to a degree how the chamber heats. In some cases folk want a very even temperature throughout the chamber say for heat treating blades. In other cases a section of the chamber that is hotter than the rest is beneficial, localizing heat is difficult in a propane forge but the forge itself can be designed to make it so.

Make sense?

Frosty The Lucky.

"now lets see what kind of a forge I can build."

"If you get a good swirl you could call it the twister!"

Not a reply to the order announcement; but rather the possible build---with a topical reference.  We should hit over 100 next week and so a tropical reference would make a good comeback.  Don't worry *everybody* tells me that don't understand my jokes---including my Boss just yesterday! One friend once told me that I wasn't focused enough to have ADHD...just ignore me and get on with your life...

Oh GEE THANKS Thomas that is Sooooo reassuring, I almost always understand your jokes, even when they're not funny nor  make sense. 

It's been my experience Bosses don't have a sense of humor, no matter how hard I tried to bring to their attention they take themselves much, MUCH too seriously, they only get worse. 

I like Steve's description of his nature. I have OCDADHD. Everything has to be perfect, just not for long.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, having more extensively stirred the grey pudding than even I have; I expect *you* to get my jokes even before I make them....I expect Charles to read them in such a way that they have him rolling on the floor and Slag to be sending anonymous tips to the Feds about me...

My breakfast table book right now is "The White Sands Incident"  "A true and exciting account of Dr Fry's ride in a "flying saucer" from the rocket-testing ground near White Sands, New Mexico to New York and return at 8000 miles per hour."

A real period piece; published in 1966 and I'm learning so much about how we are doing our physics *wrong*....Still! (not worth digging a copy out unless you are a fan of such things. If so pm me; I'm not going to give it shelf space when I am done...)

Yeah, it's good to know your playmates. 

2 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

New Mexico to New York and return at 8000 miles per hour."

About a 15 minute round trip. . . Sounds about right. An old acquaintance of mine in the Klawok Craig area of Prince of Wales Isle. was known as UFO Mike. I'd heard stories before I met him, he was pretty famous for outrageous. . . things every place he lived. The story from the Talkeetna Roudhouse bar isn't repeatable here. Art Bell was a radio host based in SE. maybe Ketchikan and he related UFO Mike stories on Coast to Coast. 

Mike was abducted numerous times, they were always taking DNA samples to replenish theirs and implanting . . . things.

I don't know if a book could be more entertaining than talking to Mike evenings the few weeks were were drilling in the area. 

Frosty The Lucky.

10 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Frosty, having more extensively stirred the grey pudding than even I have; I expect *you* to get my jokes even before I make them....I expect Charles to read them in such a way that they have him rolling on the floor and Slag to be sending anonymous tips to the Feds about me...

Aye-aye Sir. :D