I Forge Iron

10' X 12' outdoor forge

I could work there easily, the only change I'd make is to put the anvil on a mobile stand but that'd be a factor of my style of working. I move my anvil's orientation to the fire frequently, I don't like having that BIG IR floodlight of a forge at my back when I'm at the anvil. I try to keep it aimed 90* away. 

Your forge is more closed than my current one and my next one won't have the same issues. My thoughts on keeping the anvil mobile may change. . . a little. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

That is similar to how I hope to get mine to look like by end of summer.  Winter will prove a bit tricky to work in it.  For me anyway.  Some days in January and February is doesn't get above 0 F.  AT least I get more daylight on those days that Frosty does.  Then again, at this time of year, Frosty gets all sorts of daylight.  I'm jealous of that, and the fishing.

Without going to the labor and expense of hard-siding your smithy for winter, you might consider some drop down tarps for the sides and something "relatively" safe for heat, like a Mr. Buddy heater.  At least you might get it up to +10* inside...LOL.  You nor'east guys are tough anyway.  My setup is open sided under a metal carport.  In winter, the cold is not too bad, but if the wind is blowing, no forging!  Not that tough. LOL

Very nice, compact smithty, BTW

TY guys, 

I have a tarp that covers the side were the bench and the leg vise or located. I pull it down when I work out there.

I have some bypass door hardware to be mounted for two sides away from the forge. Just haven't got to hanging it yet. I will use the same metal siding for the door panels.  That should block the weather and keep most the heat in during winter forging.

• 1 month later...