• 2 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE

I now have the paperwork in hand,  and as of Dec 24 I finally have the trademark accepted as being registered to me, so now I can go after the 2 name stealing offerders with some legal backing to get them to stop using my shops name.

Mr. S. Sells,

Congratulations on your successful trade mark application.

Hopefully, a stern cease and desist letter to those trade mark infringers will stop their infringement activity.

Failing same, a successful positive Federal Court injunction  will stop their activity.

If they ignore the court's judgment, their action is considered contempt of court. Which will result in a jail term, plus probable further order of enhanced damages

Regards,

SLAG.

39 minutes ago, Steve Sells said:

now I can go after the 2 name stealing offerders with some legal backing to get them to stop using my shops name.

Awesome I'm glad your getting this figured out and you have your trademark registered to you. I dont think I have anything to worry about there is no other benona anywhere that I'm aware of so I should be safe. How did you come up with that name anyhow? Just curious and I like it. 

Dear Steve,

Excellent!  As Slag suggests a come to Jesus cease and desist letter to the offenders will, hopefully, deter any future infringement.  Make sure that it is as formal as possible and stern but not threatening.  Also, anger is not the most effective emotion to convey.  More in sorrow than anger is probably the ideal tone.  You want to make sure that they know you mean business.  Give them a date, maybe 15 days to cease using your name and to take down all internet uses of the copyrighted name.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."